At its Thursday, Oct. 15 regular workshop, The Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for first reading and public hearing:
• An annual update to the capital-improvements element of the
town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• An ordinance that provides a required update to the town’s 10-year water supply plan documenting the town’s ability to meet existing and future development needs.
Forwarded to the Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that reallocates $425,000 of surplus Sarasota County Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the public safety category so the town can utilize the funds to purchase a fire truck pumper for the fire department. The money is now being transferred so the town can take advantage of a $14,400 savings by prepaying for the pumper.
• A proposed 2010 Town Commission meeting calendar.
• An outline for the town’s municipal election in March, which would be set for March 16, 2010, in accordance with the town’s charter. The charter also has the flexibility to move the election date if either county is administering any other elections. If a preliminary election is needed for two qualified candidates seeking the same office, that election would be held Jan. 26, 2010.
• Background information on the town’s unfunded pension liability, which will be further discussed at a meeting that will be scheduled sometime in November.
Directed the town manager:
• To move forward with a new 30-year wholesale wastewater agreement between the town and Manatee County, which also includes a 10-year renewal option.
• To approve a change to the town’s business-tax-receipt program, which will change the tax assessed annually to boat slip owners who rent their boat slips from $103.95 per year to $33.60 per year.
• To move forward with presenting the commission a quarterly financial report from Finance Director Tom Kelley, starting in January.
• To leave the town’s board appointment process alone.
• Not to hire a second code enforcement officer position at this time.
Approved at a special meeting:
• A site plan amendment by The Longboat Key Center for the Arts, a division of the Ringling College of Art and Design, that requests the extension of a building permit until June 30, 2012, and the extension of certificate of occupancy until June 30, 2013.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.
Pettingell tradition is as sweet as pie
For the sixth consecutive year, Pettingell delivered pies from Yoder’s Restaurant in Sarasota to his customers at Thanksgiving.
Former Key Club manager takes on new role
Former Longboat Key Club & Resort General Manager Michael Welly has a new gig.