At its Thursday, Oct. 15 regular workshop, The Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for first reading and public hearing:
• An annual update to the capital-improvements element of the
town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• An ordinance that provides a required update to the town’s 10-year water supply plan documenting the town’s ability to meet existing and future development needs.
Forwarded to the Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that reallocates $425,000 of surplus Sarasota County Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the public safety category so the town can utilize the funds to purchase a fire truck pumper for the fire department. The money is now being transferred so the town can take advantage of a $14,400 savings by prepaying for the pumper.
• A proposed 2010 Town Commission meeting calendar.
• An outline for the town’s municipal election in March, which would be set for March 16, 2010, in accordance with the town’s charter. The charter also has the flexibility to move the election date if either county is administering any other elections. If a preliminary election is needed for two qualified candidates seeking the same office, that election would be held Jan. 26, 2010.
• Background information on the town’s unfunded pension liability, which will be further discussed at a meeting that will be scheduled sometime in November.
Directed the town manager:
• To move forward with a new 30-year wholesale wastewater agreement between the town and Manatee County, which also includes a 10-year renewal option.
• To approve a change to the town’s business-tax-receipt program, which will change the tax assessed annually to boat slip owners who rent their boat slips from $103.95 per year to $33.60 per year.
• To move forward with presenting the commission a quarterly financial report from Finance Director Tom Kelley, starting in January.
• To leave the town’s board appointment process alone.
• Not to hire a second code enforcement officer position at this time.
Approved at a special meeting:
• A site plan amendment by The Longboat Key Center for the Arts, a division of the Ringling College of Art and Design, that requests the extension of a building permit until June 30, 2012, and the extension of certificate of occupancy until June 30, 2013.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?