The Longboat Key Town Commission will review amendments to its Comprehensive Plan tonight on first reading at Town Hall that affect future telecommunications rules.
In particular, the commission will review changes that exempt personal wireless service facilities, like cellular towers, from height limitations in the Comp Plan and recommends regulating the height of such structures through the town’s land development regulations.
The amendment also clarifies the town’s policy for the approval of additional or modified proposed wireless services, noting “the town will encourage the location of such infrastructure in suitable areas, consistent with criteria that includes safety, aesthetics, and neighborhood compatibility…advancements in technology have made personal wireless service valuable to Longboat Key residents and visitors.”
Also at tonight's 7 p.m. meeting, commissioners will:
Consider approving on first reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that amendment the fiscal year 2012-13 budget to provide funds for an assistant town manager and for paid accrued vacation and medical insurance for employees that retired or are entering the Deferred Retirement Options Program (DROP)>
• A fiscal year 2013-14 holiday schedule
• An interlocal agreement with Sarasota County that monitors the town’s storm sewer system for stormwater runoff.
• An ordinance that temporarily extends a franchise agreement with Waste Management by six months as town staff works on a procurement process to go out to bid for a new solid waste and recycling franchise collection agreement.
• A resolution that reallocates infrastructure surtax funds to pay for police vehicles and radio equipment.
• A resolution that amends the commission’s current policy to clarify levels of participation and ability to vote at specific types of meetings.
For more information on tonight’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com and pick up a copy of Wednesday’s Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Power Networking Seminar
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
16 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Correction: Heitlers to net 75 years in April
In its Sept. 18 issue, the Longboat Observer featured Plymouth Harbor resident George Heitler, a lifelong tennis player who has played tennis for most of his 99 years and is a regular at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center.
Win big in two Observer contests
Starting in October, the Observer will now offer prizes for winners of the weather photo contest, sponsored by Manasota Flooring Inc.
Mar Vista begins dock construction
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub is on track to have a new dock by the end of October.