At the Longboat Key Town Commission’s Monday, Oct. 5 regular meeting, the commission:
• A 2009-10 holiday schedule for town employees that includes 10 holidays, a half-day for Good Friday and a birthday holiday.
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for second reading and approval:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer of $450,000 from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for wages and other expenses for transportation expenditures in fiscal year 2009-10.
• A resolution that allows the mayor to execute all future amendments to the Florida Department of Transpiration agreements related to the Gulf of Mexico Drive landscape project.
• An amended resolution that complies with the Department of Environmental Protection requirements regarding revenues pledged to repay the debt involved with a state revolving fund loan for water-and-wastewater, capital-improvement projects.
• A resolution that opposes oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico off the west coast of Florida.
Directed the town manager:
• To partner with Sarasota Bay Watch, a non-profit corporation, in its support of the organization’s efforts to acquire a grant for environmental restoration in the vicinity of Sister Keys.
• Longboat Key resident Ronald Vale to Seat 2 of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?