At the Longboat Key Town Commission’s Monday, Oct. 5 regular meeting, the commission:
• A 2009-10 holiday schedule for town employees that includes 10 holidays, a half-day for Good Friday and a birthday holiday.
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for second reading and approval:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer of $450,000 from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for wages and other expenses for transportation expenditures in fiscal year 2009-10.
• A resolution that allows the mayor to execute all future amendments to the Florida Department of Transpiration agreements related to the Gulf of Mexico Drive landscape project.
• An amended resolution that complies with the Department of Environmental Protection requirements regarding revenues pledged to repay the debt involved with a state revolving fund loan for water-and-wastewater, capital-improvement projects.
• A resolution that opposes oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico off the west coast of Florida.
Directed the town manager:
• To partner with Sarasota Bay Watch, a non-profit corporation, in its support of the organization’s efforts to acquire a grant for environmental restoration in the vicinity of Sister Keys.
• Longboat Key resident Ronald Vale to Seat 2 of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Durante dog, owner well after raccoon run-in
Last week, we reported on a scuffle between a black dog and a group of raccoons that occurred at dusk near Joan Durante Park.
Golfer scores her first hole in one
Liz Lang scored her first hole in one July 8, on the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Harbourside White Course, while celebrating her friend, Jane Hunter’s birthday.
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.