The Longboat Key Town Commission ratified a three-year contract with its police department at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
Also at its meeting, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that transfers $208,815.49 to the beach capital projects fund, which will close a special revenue account that’s no longer needed.
• An ordinance that provides consistency for public hearings notices and advertisements that deal with land use matters.
• An ordinance that ensures the town’s elections schedule complies with new Legislature requirements.
• A resolution that allows the town to pay $46,725 in unanticipated Islandside public hearing expenses by using commission contingency funds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Sarasota County Local Mitigation Strategy, which enables the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A 2010-11 holiday schedule for town employees.
• Gerald Feder to its Firefighter Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Steve Schield to its General Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Franklin Cona to its Police Officer Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Joe Moccia to the Sarasota County Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
24 JFCS Golf Challenge
30 Run to Remember Sponsor and Team Captain Appreciation Night
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
25 Run to Remember
Good pick for Pick
St. Mary, Star of the Sea, Catholic Church Reverend Emeritus Edward Pick was born in 1935 and ordained to the priesthood in 1960.
Lovebirds: 75 years fly
Charles “Buzz” and Jane Walker celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary on Valentine’s Day with 40 family members and friends at Moore’s Stonecrab Restaurant.
Back in the running
We were skeptical last April when former Longboat Key resident John Wallace told us he had reached the finish line of his marathon career.