Currently 6 Responses
- It is time the town increases taxes, so they can take care of their employees.
- Good for them. Not even a cost of living increase in 5 years for their hard work. Do you ever see trash strewn along Gulf of Mexico Drive? Do those roads, lights and sewers repair themselves? Have you ever been given shoddy service at city hall? No. We came to Longboat Key with the expectation of a superior quality of life. This commission has 'deconstructed' and gutted everything prior commissions have fought so hard to gain for our community. What a shameful lot.
- Congratulations to the LBK employees who want to choose a union to safeguard thier future. The residents of LBK should stand behind thier employees who keep us safe, make LBK very livable and who secure our property values.
- The town employees make our life safe, very livable and secure our property values. All of the comfortable people on LBK should stand behind our workers and stop trying to downgrade thier lives. Congrats to the employees on trying to secure thier future through unionizing.
- It is time for the Town to get tough and start protecting tax payers. The city employess and there positions should be eliminated from full time to part time. Use independent contractors, or temp agencies. The Keys administrative cost continue to grow with no increase in revenue generating enterprises to support the size of government services currently.
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?