Currently 6 Responses
- It is time the town increases taxes, so they can take care of their employees.
- Good for them. Not even a cost of living increase in 5 years for their hard work. Do you ever see trash strewn along Gulf of Mexico Drive? Do those roads, lights and sewers repair themselves? Have you ever been given shoddy service at city hall? No. We came to Longboat Key with the expectation of a superior quality of life. This commission has 'deconstructed' and gutted everything prior commissions have fought so hard to gain for our community. What a shameful lot.
- Congratulations to the LBK employees who want to choose a union to safeguard thier future. The residents of LBK should stand behind thier employees who keep us safe, make LBK very livable and who secure our property values.
- The town employees make our life safe, very livable and secure our property values. All of the comfortable people on LBK should stand behind our workers and stop trying to downgrade thier lives. Congrats to the employees on trying to secure thier future through unionizing.
- It is time for the Town to get tough and start protecting tax payers. The city employess and there positions should be eliminated from full time to part time. Use independent contractors, or temp agencies. The Keys administrative cost continue to grow with no increase in revenue generating enterprises to support the size of government services currently.
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.