The Longboat Key Town Commission put the Colony Beach & Tennis Resort Association on notice Monday night, giving it only a year extension to rebuild or renovate the resort with its current number of units and telling them they expect progress with stalled settlement negotiations.
Once Commissioner Lynn Larson got longtime Colony owner Dr. Murray “Murf” Klauber’s attorney, Charles Bartlett, to report that negotiations have stalled once again, commissioners reversed course on a final extension deadline of Dec. 31, 2015 and changed it to a Dec. 31, 2013 deadline.
“An open ended extension to get something done means nothing is going to happen,” Larson said. “Nothing ever happens unless we hold their feet to the fire.”
Also at its regular meeting, commissioners:
• Approved a fiscal year 2012-13 holiday schedule.
• Approved waterfront yard hedge height requirement changes on first reading and public hearing.
• Approved future land use amendments to two Key properties on second reading and public hearing.
• Approved water and wastewater increases on second reading and public hearing.
• Approved legislative priorities for the coming fiscal year.
• Made appointments on the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees and Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Oct. 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 1 Response
- If this shortened time frme doesn't get the parties motivated, nothing will. The Commission has made a reasonable decision aimed at a win-win-win resolution. They are to be commended for their desire to see a positive resolution satisfying all parties.
10 Sarasota Singles Society Salutes the Sunset!
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
12 Dog Days of Summer Adoption Event
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 L'Europe UnCorked!
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.