At its regular commission meeting Monday, June 7, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
Forwarded to the July 12 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes the start time for regular workshop meetings from 2 to 1 p.m.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $800,000 from Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the beach capital projects fund to obtain a beach project permit for the town’s north end.
• An ordinance that allows for a budget transfer of $1.5 million from the beach capital projects fund to the north end beach nourishment project account.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to expend funds and take emergency action this summer in case a quorum of the commission is not available in an emergency situation.
• The renewal of the Manatee County School Facilities Planning Interlocal Agreement.
• The town manager pre-authorization for expenditures for storm and/or environmental cleanup.
• Execution of a fleet maintenance agreement with Sarasota County for Longboat Key Fire Rescue Department vehicles.
• The July and August regular workshops and the August regular meeting.
• Leonard Garner and Susan Landau to the Code Enforcement Board.
• Laurin Goldner to the town’s Planning and Zoning Board.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.