Restaurant: Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Address: 412 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Hours: Serving lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; closed Sunday
Owners: Cindy and Eric Hammersand
Date established: 1989
What they're known for: A local favorite, Dry Dock serves fresh and consistent food in a relaxed and casual atmosphere
4 ounces shrimp base
2 gallons water
1 colosal onion
3 pieces of celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 pieces of bay leaf
8 ounces tomato base
1. Place ingredients in a stock pot and boil until reduced by half.
2. Strain liquid into separate container
3. Add the following ingredients to liquid:
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon white pepper
6 ounces shrimp brown seasoning
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4. Combine in a stock pot and cook on medium heat for fifteen minutes.
5. Add 3 ounces cooked shrimp (chopped, peeled & devained) per serving.
6. Add roux to thicken.
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1. Heat butter until melted and add flour slowly.
2. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Contact Maria Amodio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?