Restaurant: Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
Address: 412 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Hours: Serving lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; closed Sunday
Owners: Cindy and Eric Hammersand
Date established: 1989
What they're known for: A local favorite, Dry Dock serves fresh and consistent food in a relaxed and casual atmosphere
4 ounces shrimp base
2 gallons water
1 colosal onion
3 pieces of celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 pieces of bay leaf
8 ounces tomato base
1. Place ingredients in a stock pot and boil until reduced by half.
2. Strain liquid into separate container
3. Add the following ingredients to liquid:
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon white pepper
6 ounces shrimp brown seasoning
1 quart heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4. Combine in a stock pot and cook on medium heat for fifteen minutes.
5. Add 3 ounces cooked shrimp (chopped, peeled & devained) per serving.
6. Add roux to thicken.
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1. Heat butter until melted and add flour slowly.
2. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Contact Maria Amodio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently 0 Responses
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
12 Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
14 New Exhibit "Oh Baby" Life Cycles of the Seas
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
17 Hospitabull Evening 'A Taste of Israel'
Gauls celebrate sweet 60
On Jan. 29, Jack and Joan Gaul will celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Dora Walters goes by the book for readers
You saw her byline countless times during her 26 years at the Longboat Observer, but now, retired Senior Editor Dora Walters’ byline appears on her new book, “Rewind…Playback: A Collection of Life’s ‘Little’ Memories.”
Encore opening celebration
Members of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce gathered for a ribbon-cutting event Jan. 20, at Amore by Andrea.