At its Monday, June 1 regular meeting, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
• A resolution that will allow the Town Commission to spend up to $200,000 in commission contingency funds on storm or red-tide cleanup in the event a quorum of the Town Commission is not available this summer.
• A resolution that allows for the cancellation of the July and August regular workshop meetings and the August regular meeting.
•Mayor Lee Rothenberg to sign a letter of support for Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight and Manatee County Commissioner Ron Getman. Both are requesting support for the distribution of grant-program funds for projects in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
Forwarded to its Monday, July 6 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An early retirement option for the town’s general employees, firefighters and police officers to reduce expenses.
• An ordinance that approves a utility-rate reduction that will be reflected on utility bills issued on or after July 1, 2009 for all water and wastewater users.
• A resolution that gives the town manager authority to use funds and take emergency action in the event a quorum of the Town Commission is not available during hurricane season.
• A resolution that provides for the adoption of an identity-theft prevention program.
• A resolution that allows for a budget transfer of $3,000 from the commission contingency fund to reimburse the Longbeach Village Association for peacock removal services.
• Adoption of a voluntary rebuild, distribution of 250 tourism units and amending sections of the town zoning code ordinances, until a special meeting at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, June 18.
• Thomas Murphy to Seat 3 of the Zoning Board of Adjustment, due to the appointment of Phineas Alpers to the Planning and Zoning Board.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
24 JFCS Golf Challenge
30 Run to Remember Sponsor and Team Captain Appreciation Night
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
25 Run to Remember
Good pick for Pick
St. Mary, Star of the Sea, Catholic Church Reverend Emeritus Edward Pick was born in 1935 and ordained to the priesthood in 1960.
Lovebirds: 75 years fly
Charles “Buzz” and Jane Walker celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary on Valentine’s Day with 40 family members and friends at Moore’s Stonecrab Restaurant.
Back in the running
We were skeptical last April when former Longboat Key resident John Wallace told us he had reached the finish line of his marathon career.