Restaurant name: Harry's Continental Kitchens
Address: 525 St. Judes Drive, Lontboat Key
Owners: Harry and Lynne Christenson
Date Established: 1979
Hours: Open Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; open Tuesday through Saturday 5 to 9 p.m.
What they're known for: fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere and an award winning menu and wine list
Sautéed Wild Salmon with Red Strawberry Liqueur and Raspberry Vinegar Sauce
8 ounces wild salmon filet
4 ounces red strawberry liqueur
½ ounces raspberry vinegar
2 ounces béchamel sauce
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste
½ teaspoon shallots
1 ounces vegetable oil
Fresh raspberries and strawberries
1. Heat medium sauté pan on high.
2. Add vegetable oil.
3. Season salmon filet and dust in flour.
4. Place salmon filet in hot oil and cook salmon to desired temperature.
5. Remove from sauté pan.
6. Add shallots to hot pan, then strawberry liqueur to deglaze pan.
7. Add raspberry vinegar, béchamel sauce, salt and pepper and butter to sauté pan and stir sauce until desired consistency is reached.
8. Place salmon on plate and pour sauce over fish.
9. Garnish with fresh raspberries and strawberries. Enjoy!
2 ounces soft butter
4 teaspoons flour
2 cups half and half
Salt and White Pepper
Put half and half in pan on medium heat. Mix soft butter and flour together to make roux. Add to half and half. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Set aside.
Contact Maria Amodio at email@example.com
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.