Restaurant name: Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Owners: Alan Moore, Paul Moore and Robert Hicks
Head chef: Robert Hicks
Address: 800 Broadway St., Longboat Key
Date established: 1967
Hours: Open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Known for: Serving fresh seafood (especially stone crabs) in a kid-friendly environment
Moore’s Steamed Mussels
1 pound mussels
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
¾ cup whole cream
½ clove minced garlic
3 ounces sherry
½ stick butter
½ tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
1. Combine butter and flour to make base sauce, also known as the rue.
2. Add whole cream to rue and heat together in a large pan over medium/high heat.
3. Whisking constantly, add garlic and sherry to the pan. Simmer for one minute.
4. Add butter and simmer for another minute.
5. Add mussels
6. When mussels open, add tomatoes and green onion. Simmer for one minute.
7. Pour all contents into a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a breadstick, if desired.
Contact Maria Amodio at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.