Restaurant name: Café Don Giovanni
Owner and Head Chef: Emilio Alessandro
Address: 5610 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Date established: 2001
Hours: Open 4:30 to 10 p.m. daily; closed on Mondays starting June 1
Known for: Serving traditional Italian food, including homemade pasta, in a casual atmosphere
2 cups spinach
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup white wine
touch of heavy cream
2 ounces parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces veal divided into 8 pieces
1. Using a kitchen mallot or cleaver, pound each piece of veal between two pieces of wax paper until thin but not torn.
2. Remove veal from wax paper and spread a thin layer of spinach and gorgonzola cheese over veal.
3. Tightly roll each piece of veal like a burrito.
4. Saute the rolled-up pieces of veal in a medium sized cooking pan at high heat with two tablespoons olive oil for several minutes.
5. Drain the oil and add white wine, cream and parmesan cheese to the pan, continue to cook for two more minutes.
6. Remove veal from pan and bake for six minutes at 370 degrees.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.
Mar Vista dollars to benefit local teen
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub’s walls and ceiling are covered with dollar bills, signed and decorated by patrons. Every few years the restaurant removes the bills for a good cause.
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.