Restaurant name: Café Don Giovanni
Owner and Head Chef: Emilio Alessandro
Address: 5610 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Date established: 2001
Hours: Open 4:30 to 10 p.m. daily; closed on Mondays starting June 1
Known for: Serving traditional Italian food, including homemade pasta, in a casual atmosphere
2 cups spinach
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup white wine
touch of heavy cream
2 ounces parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces veal divided into 8 pieces
1. Using a kitchen mallot or cleaver, pound each piece of veal between two pieces of wax paper until thin but not torn.
2. Remove veal from wax paper and spread a thin layer of spinach and gorgonzola cheese over veal.
3. Tightly roll each piece of veal like a burrito.
4. Saute the rolled-up pieces of veal in a medium sized cooking pan at high heat with two tablespoons olive oil for several minutes.
5. Drain the oil and add white wine, cream and parmesan cheese to the pan, continue to cook for two more minutes.
6. Remove veal from pan and bake for six minutes at 370 degrees.
Currently 0 Responses
23 LBK Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
6 4th annual Longboat Key Gourmet Lawn Party
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
A fitting tribute
A day after receiving an Ageless Creativity Award from the Ringling College/Longboat Key Center for the Arts in honor of their late father, Ed Brickman, daughter Carol Diamant and son Eli Brickman held a celebration of life service Saturday.
Alma mater honors Harold Ronson
Philadelphia University presented Longboat Key resident Harold Ronson with its “Leadership in Philanthropy” award Oct. 11, at its Homecoming Dinner Dance.