Restaurant name: Café Don Giovanni
Owner and Head Chef: Emilio Alessandro
Address: 5610 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Date established: 2001
Hours: Open 4:30 to 10 p.m. daily; closed on Mondays starting June 1
Known for: Serving traditional Italian food, including homemade pasta, in a casual atmosphere
2 cups spinach
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup white wine
touch of heavy cream
2 ounces parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces veal divided into 8 pieces
1. Using a kitchen mallot or cleaver, pound each piece of veal between two pieces of wax paper until thin but not torn.
2. Remove veal from wax paper and spread a thin layer of spinach and gorgonzola cheese over veal.
3. Tightly roll each piece of veal like a burrito.
4. Saute the rolled-up pieces of veal in a medium sized cooking pan at high heat with two tablespoons olive oil for several minutes.
5. Drain the oil and add white wine, cream and parmesan cheese to the pan, continue to cook for two more minutes.
6. Remove veal from pan and bake for six minutes at 370 degrees.
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.