The Longboat Key Town Commission will consider options for a new town attorney tonight at its 7 p.m. regular meeting at Town Hall.
Commissioners will review a list of five candidates tonight as Town Manager Dave Bullock seeks guidance on how to review the candidates before making a final decision.
Candidates include Maggie D. Mooney-Portale of Sarasota-based Hankin, Persson, McClenathen, Cohen & Darnell; Charles H. Webb of Holmes Beach-based Webb, Wells & Williams; Robert K. Robinson of Sarasota-based Nelson Hesse; and Susan Churuti of Tampa-based Bryant Miller Olive.
Longboat Key town attorney Dave Persson was named the new attorney for the city of Venice Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Persson resigned in December after more than 22 years of service as Longboat Key’s town attorney.
While Persson has agreed to stay on as the town’s attorney through June, he’s hoping to make the transition to Venice as soon as the town finds a replacement.
Also at its regular meeting tonight, commissioners will:
• A request by the town manager to change the Goals & Objectives Workshop date from April 15 to May 20.
Consider forwarding to its April 15 special meeting on second reading:
• An ordinance that amends the makeup of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Consider forwarding to its May 6 regular meeting on second reading:
• An ordinance that adopts a revised 10-year water supply plan.
• An ordinance that provides for a 3% wage increase for non-union represented general and police department employees.
• An ordinance that would make parking changes in Longbeach Village permanent.
• An ordinance that provides for a 3% wage increase for other non-union represented employees.
• A resolution that would amend the Comprehensive Plan and allow T-6 (six tourism units per acre) properties to apply for an additional story as part of a site plan process.
• A resolution that will continue the work of the finance committee.
For more information on tonight’s meeting, check www.yourobserver.com for updates and pick up a copy of Thursday’s April 4 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 1 Response
- Is there any truth in the qualification that any new Town Attorney attend all regular and irregular town meetings bowtieless and refrain from constantly spouting, "this is a quasi judicial hearing"?
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.