The Longboat Key Town Commission is poised to approve an ordinance on second reading tonight that modifies the town’s 250-tourism unit allocation and allows the Longboat Key Beachfront Hilton renovation-and-expansion project to be reviewed by town staff.
Delray Beach-based Ocean Properties Ltd., owner of the Longboat Key Hilton Beachfront Resort, has been working with Hilton officials to delay a Hilton-mandated renovation of the existing property until the town approves a project that calls for a larger redevelopment of the 102-rooms at the existing hotel. The application also seeks 85 of the 250 tourism units that would be used for a new guest tower on the property.
The ordinance modifies the outline development process that distributes the pool of 250 tourism units that was Key voters approved in 2008. It also allows the Hilton application to move forward while the town works to find a planning consultant to perform a complete review and modification of the town’s current codes and Comprehensive Plan.
Also at its 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight at Town Hall, the commission will:
• An update on the Longboat Island Chapel’s Aging in Paradise program.
Review on first reading:
• An ordinance that amends parking restrictions in Longbeach Village.
Review on first reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that provides funds for a wage increase for non-union represented town employees.
Review on second reading and public hearing and consider approving:
• An ordinance that provides for an update to the Capital Improvements element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• A resolution that provides for an annual increase in the town’s trash and recycling, changing the base rate for customers from $19.20 to $19.53 per month effective April 1.
Consider making an appointment:
• To the town’s Police Officers’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
For more information on tonight’s meeting, pick up a copy of Thursday’s March 7 Longboat Observer.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.