Blown transformer sparks fire

 

Blown transformer sparks fire

 

Date: March 4, 2011
by: Kurt Schultheis | City Editor

 
 

A power outage on the north end of Longboat Key Thursday morning was caused by a blown transformer, which ignited some vegetation near Longboat Pass Bridge.

The fire caused a 45-minute shutdown of Gulf of Mexico Drive and the loss of power to about 15,000 residents for more than two hours.

Two Longboat Key Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene, and Longboat Key Police shut down traffic while the fire was distinguished and the road was cleared of debris.

Contact Kurt Schultheis at kschultheis@yourobserver.com.

SHARE
Login Register now

Currently 0 Responses

Login below to post a comment or click register.
Account E-Mail
Password
forgot password? click here
Speak Your Mind Below!

Classifieds

1970 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34236 941-366-3468

Copyright 2014 The Observer Group Inc., All Rights Reserved