+ Key hosts medical health day Friday
Human Resources Manager Lisa Silvertooth helped schedule a Sarasota County Health in Motion Medical Mobile Unit session for Longboat Key Feb. 15, at Bayfront Park, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
The mobile unit will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all residents and includes the following services at no charge:
• Blood pressure checks
• Diabetes-glucose screenings
• Body mass index testing
• HIV testing
• Assistance with locating ongoing medical care
• Tips for staying healthy
For information, visit sarasotahealth.org, contact Silvertooth at 316-1999, or call Sarasota County at 861-5000 or 685-3572.
+ Town seeks police pension board applicants
The town is seeking applications for appointments to its police pension board.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 501 Bay Isles Road.
All applicants must be registered to vote in the town.
Applications are available on the town’s website, longboatkey.org.
The Feb. 7 issue of the Longboat Observer listed an incorrect past sale price for Unit 401 at The Grande at Longboat Key, 4561 Gulf of Mexico Drive, which sold in January for $1.75 million.
The unit last sold for $1.3 million in September 2000.
Meetings & Agendas
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Town Commission Regular Workshop — 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• Firefighters’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.
Tim Howard has Key roots
Residents of Fairway Bay knew about Tim Howard long before he became a household name: His grandparents, the late Paul and Eva Fekete, frequently bragged about their star soccer player grandson.
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.