+ Key hosts medical health day Friday
Human Resources Manager Lisa Silvertooth helped schedule a Sarasota County Health in Motion Medical Mobile Unit session for Longboat Key Feb. 15, at Bayfront Park, 4052 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
The mobile unit will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all residents and includes the following services at no charge:
• Blood pressure checks
• Diabetes-glucose screenings
• Body mass index testing
• HIV testing
• Assistance with locating ongoing medical care
• Tips for staying healthy
For information, visit sarasotahealth.org, contact Silvertooth at 316-1999, or call Sarasota County at 861-5000 or 685-3572.
+ Town seeks police pension board applicants
The town is seeking applications for appointments to its police pension board.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 501 Bay Isles Road.
All applicants must be registered to vote in the town.
Applications are available on the town’s website, longboatkey.org.
The Feb. 7 issue of the Longboat Observer listed an incorrect past sale price for Unit 401 at The Grande at Longboat Key, 4561 Gulf of Mexico Drive, which sold in January for $1.75 million.
The unit last sold for $1.3 million in September 2000.
Meetings & Agendas
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Town Commission Regular Workshop — 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20.
• Firefighters’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.