Currently 5 Responses
- I believe the pipes and platforms that could restrict our limited source of proper sand for beach renourishment is more concerning than adding to the sate revenues. Also if huricanes break off the platforms, the well does not leak but the pipes fillied with oil do as was the case with Katrina. Oil on the beaches would make red tide seem like paradise.
- Dr. Frost is far from being an idiot. He knows that we have to drill in our own yards if we are ever to be less dependent on foreign resources. The rigs would not be seeable from our shores. Anyone who thinks they will knows little or nothing about offshore drilling.
- Great artice and hats off to Dr Frost nice to see someone with comman sense. Not found with most of the 'part time resident owners here
Longboat will always be a nice island, however it comes at a cost
The island is built out its time to renourish and rebuild and get rid of nay sayers. They seem to be against everything related to progress.
However they all whine & complain and drive 15 miles off ilsand to buy cheap gas.
They want it Cheap, but can't see the flowers for the trees.
Drilling in the Gulf won't even be seen here.
Most are half blind anyway --Just watch then drive down GMD
- I would be willing to bet that most if not all of the people that are against offshore drilling are in favor of reducing our dependency on foreign oil.
The problem is that when it comes to making the sacrifices necessary to achieve that goal we always seem to want “the other guy” (e.g. Galveston) to pay the price.
- Dr. Frost is an idiot, if he wants to look at oil wells, let him move
23 LBK Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.