Longboat Key Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi has completed a report outlining areas on the Key that have limited access for large vehicles, such as fire trucks.
Dezzi’s report includes photos of areas that either have roads that are too narrow or objects that would make access difficult when responding to a 911 call.
Areas of concern include condominiums that have trees that need to be trimmed and several streets off Gulf of Mexico Drive that need bushes and vegetation scaled back.
Longboat Key Fire Rescue plans on working with property managers and property owners to make roads more accessible.
Meetings & Agendas
• Longboat Key Town Commission Regular Meeting — 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
• Planning and Zoning Board Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19.
• Police Officers’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20
• General Employees’ Retirement System Quarterly Board Meeting — 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
24 JFCS Golf Challenge
30 Run to Remember Sponsor and Team Captain Appreciation Night
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
25 Run to Remember
Good pick for Pick
St. Mary, Star of the Sea, Catholic Church Reverend Emeritus Edward Pick was born in 1935 and ordained to the priesthood in 1960.
Lovebirds: 75 years fly
Charles “Buzz” and Jane Walker celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary on Valentine’s Day with 40 family members and friends at Moore’s Stonecrab Restaurant.
Back in the running
We were skeptical last April when former Longboat Key resident John Wallace told us he had reached the finish line of his marathon career.