The Longboat Key Town Commission will consider approving on second reading a request by Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant owner Alan Moore to approve a Comprehensive Plan amendment and a request to change the zoning of the restaurant from commercial to residential at its 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road.
The majority of the town’s Planning and Zoning Board decided not to recommend Moore’s request in October, sending the request forward to the commission without a recommendation.
But the commission, on first reading last month, sent the request forward for tonight’s second and final reading.
The Town Commission also will consider a request by Christ Church of Longboat Key, Presbyterian to build a $3 million sanctuary project that the Planning and Zoning Board sent forward with their recommendation last month.
In addition, the Town Commission will discuss:
Forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• A resolution that reimburses the North Shore erosion structure control account. Last month, the commission transferred $30,000 from the north end erosion control structure account to the North Shore Road sand fill project to allow the town to place 600 cubic yards of sand near the severely eroded North Shore Road public beach access point.
• An ordinance that gives the town manager the authority to make reasonable adjustments to utility bills.
• An ordinance that mandates newly seated commissioners and all board and committee members receive mandatory training in public records, the state’s Sunshine Law and ethics.
• An ordinance that reconciles discrepancies in the town’s water and sewer service rates.
• A resolution that allows the town to spend $30,000 to pay for the town’s preliminary election.
* A resolution that provides for and establishes early voting for both the preliminary and municipal elections.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.
Police get a wheel deal from anonymous citizen
An anonymous citizen recently contacted the town with an offer to buy the Longboat Key Police Department a new bicycle.
Surprise daytime turtle encounter
On his evening beach walk, Longboat Key resident Mike Haycock was in for a big surprise when he spotted a sea turtle coming out of the water Sunday.