The Longboat Key Town Commission will consider approving on second reading a request by Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant owner Alan Moore to approve a Comprehensive Plan amendment and a request to change the zoning of the restaurant from commercial to residential at its 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road.
The majority of the town’s Planning and Zoning Board decided not to recommend Moore’s request in October, sending the request forward to the commission without a recommendation.
But the commission, on first reading last month, sent the request forward for tonight’s second and final reading.
The Town Commission also will consider a request by Christ Church of Longboat Key, Presbyterian to build a $3 million sanctuary project that the Planning and Zoning Board sent forward with their recommendation last month.
In addition, the Town Commission will discuss:
Forwarding to its Monday, Feb. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• A resolution that reimburses the North Shore erosion structure control account. Last month, the commission transferred $30,000 from the north end erosion control structure account to the North Shore Road sand fill project to allow the town to place 600 cubic yards of sand near the severely eroded North Shore Road public beach access point.
• An ordinance that gives the town manager the authority to make reasonable adjustments to utility bills.
• An ordinance that mandates newly seated commissioners and all board and committee members receive mandatory training in public records, the state’s Sunshine Law and ethics.
• An ordinance that reconciles discrepancies in the town’s water and sewer service rates.
• A resolution that allows the town to spend $30,000 to pay for the town’s preliminary election.
* A resolution that provides for and establishes early voting for both the preliminary and municipal elections.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
16 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Resident receives U.S. citizenship
For one Longboat Key resident, facing the American flag and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance held special meaning at the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key’s April 3 breakfast meeting.
Lacrosse players engineer spring break
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) lacrosse team members hit the beach on Longboat Key during their recent spring break.
Observer wins 20 Local Media Association awards
Local Media Association, made up of 2,000 newspapers in U.S. and Canada, announced the winners of its 2013 Editorial Contest Monday. The Observer Group won a total of 20 awards among eight of its newspapers, making it the third top company winner.