The new owners of the Longboat Key Club and Resort might not be filing an application at Town Hall for a massive redevelopment project, but the club’s most recent member newsletter outlines plans for improvements at Islandside and Harbourside in 2013.
In a newsletter sent to club members Dec. 13 under the “News and Announcements” tab, it states: “Longboat Key Club and Resort is pleased to announce to its membership many operational and facility improvements that are occurring at the club as we go into the new year. Members will continue to see enhancements made throughout the club in every area.”
Some of those improvements include:
• Roof repairs and new landscaping at Island House that won’t affect any of the club’s businesses.
• A new fleet of golf carts for the Harbourside golf course.
• New tee markers and trash cans for all golf courses.
• New greens, tee boxes, cart paths and refreshed sand traps at the White Egret Harbourside golf course.
• New cart paths and refreshed sand traps at the Red Hawk Harbourside golf course.
• A new Rolex clock and landscaping project at the Harbourside golf course staging area.
• New seeding and grass for the Islandside golf course.
• A new location for the Island House Golf Pro Shop.
• New Wi-Fi in January for Inn on the Beach that will include access in the lobby, guest rooms, pool deck and on the beach.
• New landscaping for The Tennis Gardens at Harbourside.
• A new floor, sound system and staging for Mind & Motion Studio, which is moving where the Islandside Golf Pro Shop used to be located.
• More parking for marina and restaurant patrons at Longboat Key Club Moorings.
• New restaurant equipment and buffet display pieces for member/special events.
• New furniture for the pool deck and beach areas, as well as cushion replacements for cabanas on the beach.
• New club vehicles next year for club and resort usage.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace holiday party
Seaplace residents celebrated the holidays on Dec. 10.