Longboat Key resident Fanny Younger is a recipe follower, but that doesn’t make her any less of a cook. She discovered this brownie recipe online at Recipezarr.com (now Food.com) about ten years ago, but has put her own secret spin. And like a good cook, she’ll never tell her secret ingredient. Aside from baking, she loves the tradition of Thanksgiving and she swears by her turkey brining and sweet potato casserole.
Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Brownies
• 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 lb butter (2 blocks)
• 4 large eggs
• 2 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9”x13” pan.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar. Add melted chocolate mixture and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour and stir until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Power Networking Seminar
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
16 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Correction: Heitlers to net 75 years in April
In its Sept. 18 issue, the Longboat Observer featured Plymouth Harbor resident George Heitler, a lifelong tennis player who has played tennis for most of his 99 years and is a regular at the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center.
Win big in two Observer contests
Starting in October, the Observer will now offer prizes for winners of the weather photo contest, sponsored by Manasota Flooring Inc.
Mar Vista begins dock construction
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub is on track to have a new dock by the end of October.