Longboat Key resident Fanny Younger is a recipe follower, but that doesn’t make her any less of a cook. She discovered this brownie recipe online at Recipezarr.com (now Food.com) about ten years ago, but has put her own secret spin. And like a good cook, she’ll never tell her secret ingredient. Aside from baking, she loves the tradition of Thanksgiving and she swears by her turkey brining and sweet potato casserole.
Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Brownies
• 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 lb butter (2 blocks)
• 4 large eggs
• 2 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9”x13” pan.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar. Add melted chocolate mixture and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour and stir until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Joan M. Durante Park installs new playground
The playground is made from post-consumer recycled materials.
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?