Turtle nest openings this week:
• Wednesday, July 28 — 8 p.m. to the south of Gulfside Road beach access, 6399 Gulfside Road
• Friday, July 30 — 7:30 p.m. at Covert II, 5231 Gulf of Mexico Drive
• Friday, July 30 — 8 p.m. at 6417 Gulfside Drive. Parking is available at 6350 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• Friday, July 30 — 8 p.m. at The Shore, 5757 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park in any uncovered spaces.
• Saturday, July 31 — 7:15 p.m. at 5645 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at The Shore, 5757 Gulf of Mexico drive and walk south to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31 — 7:15 p.m. at 4949 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at public beach access at 4795 Gulf of Mexico Drive and walk north to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31— 8 p.m. at 5393 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at The Centre Shops, 5370 Gulf of Mexico Drive, east of Gulf of Mexico Drive. Cross Gulf of Mexico Drive and walk through Little Gull to beach; walk north to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31 — 8 p.m. at 4401 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Harbour Towers. Park at north end of parking lot or at Longboat Harbour beach access, which is just north of the building.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.
Mar Vista dollars to benefit local teen
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub’s walls and ceiling are covered with dollar bills, signed and decorated by patrons. Every few years the restaurant removes the bills for a good cause.
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.