Turtle nest openings this week:
• Wednesday, July 28 — 8 p.m. to the south of Gulfside Road beach access, 6399 Gulfside Road
• Friday, July 30 — 7:30 p.m. at Covert II, 5231 Gulf of Mexico Drive
• Friday, July 30 — 8 p.m. at 6417 Gulfside Drive. Parking is available at 6350 Gulf of Mexico Drive.
• Friday, July 30 — 8 p.m. at The Shore, 5757 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park in any uncovered spaces.
• Saturday, July 31 — 7:15 p.m. at 5645 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at The Shore, 5757 Gulf of Mexico drive and walk south to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31 — 7:15 p.m. at 4949 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at public beach access at 4795 Gulf of Mexico Drive and walk north to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31— 8 p.m. at 5393 Gulf of Mexico Drive. Park at The Centre Shops, 5370 Gulf of Mexico Drive, east of Gulf of Mexico Drive. Cross Gulf of Mexico Drive and walk through Little Gull to beach; walk north to the nest.
• Saturday, July 31 — 8 p.m. at 4401 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Harbour Towers. Park at north end of parking lot or at Longboat Harbour beach access, which is just north of the building.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace holiday party
Seaplace residents celebrated the holidays on Dec. 10.