• Wallace has 60,000 words of a “steamy south Florida” novel, he says.
• Wallace commuted an hour to get to and from work each day. He says it gave him time to wake up and read the paper before work, and a chance to fall apart before he got off the train to coach little league practice.
• Wallace has three sons and he coached all of them in little league baseball. Wallace is a Mets fan.
• Wallace was an organist and choir director for churches for twenty-five years in addition to his day job.
• Wallace partnered with Agnes Nixon in the ’60s as executive producer on “One Life to Live.” He calls her Aggie.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Don Wallace"
Currently 0 Responses
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
23 Wine Tasting for Mote at Harry's on Longboat Key
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.