• Wallace has 60,000 words of a “steamy south Florida” novel, he says.
• Wallace commuted an hour to get to and from work each day. He says it gave him time to wake up and read the paper before work, and a chance to fall apart before he got off the train to coach little league practice.
• Wallace has three sons and he coached all of them in little league baseball. Wallace is a Mets fan.
• Wallace was an organist and choir director for churches for twenty-five years in addition to his day job.
• Wallace partnered with Agnes Nixon in the ’60s as executive producer on “One Life to Live.” He calls her Aggie.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Don Wallace"
Currently 0 Responses
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
29 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Fall back an hour
Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Nov. 2, so turn back those clocks before bedtime Saturday night.
Longboat Key keeps it clean
We’re still reeling from Longboat Key’s exclusion from Movoto’s “10 Sexiest Small Cities in America,” which named Sarasota and Bradenton the first and third sexiest small cities, respectively.
Joe Perry still rockin' in new book
Longboat Key’s most famous guitarist Joe Perry has a new book, “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith.”