1. Spiegel's family didn't know that he and Milly had already become engaged when they gave them permission to get married.
2. Milly managed Boots and Bags while Bert did the buying.
3. Love and Quiches was one of the first restaurants in the area to ban smoking. Spiegel didn't want to be around smoke.
4. Spiegel is great with a sewing machine, and he taught himself how to sew dresses and make hot pants.
5. Spiegel has been painting since he was 16 and, in the past, has taken a few courses at Ringling College.
Click here to read "Neighbors: I. Bert Spiegel"
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.