1. Halsted considers San Antonio, TX her other home because she spent the longest time living there as a teenager.
2. Halsted’s mom made her promise that she was going to come back after her mission trip for fear she’d loose her to Africa.
3. Halsted is a huge University of Texas Longhorn Fan and is a season-ticket holder.
4. Halsted has three younger sisters, three nieces, one nephew and a great nephew, and she “spoils them rotten,” she says
5. Halsted’s motto is that she will try anything once and if she likes it, she’ll do it twice.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?