1. Jack Black has five children, and one continued his legacy in the restaurant business. His sister’s two children are running the final of the family established Old Hickory House establishments in Atlanta.
2. A U.S. Ambassador at the French Embassy used to fly Black’s ribs from Atlanta to Paris because he loved them so much.
3. Jack and Phyllis Black met at a restaurant and it was love at first site. Jack was meeting with a real-estate agent when he noticed Phyllis across the room. He asked the hostess to introduce them. The rest was history.
4. Jack Black has attended to the Daytona 500 for 56 years. He and his wife, Phyllis, just returned from the race at Talladega.
5. Black has a special ID card that gets him into every speedway in the nation.
Currently 0 Responses
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.
Pettingell tradition is as sweet as pie
For the sixth consecutive year, Pettingell delivered pies from Yoder’s Restaurant in Sarasota to his customers at Thanksgiving.
Former Key Club manager takes on new role
Former Longboat Key Club & Resort General Manager Michael Welly has a new gig.