Restaurant name: Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Owners: Alan Moore, Paul Moore and Robert Hicks
Head chef: Robert Hicks
Address: 800 Broadway St., Longboat Key
Date established: 1967
Hours: Open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Known for: Serving fresh seafood (especially stone crabs) in a kid-friendly environment
Moore’s Steamed Mussels
1 pound mussels
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
¾ cup whole cream
½ clove minced garlic
3 ounces sherry
½ stick butter
½ tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
1. Combine butter and flour to make base sauce, also known as the rue.
2. Add whole cream to rue and heat together in a large pan over medium/high heat.
3. Whisking constantly, add garlic and sherry to the pan. Simmer for one minute.
4. Add butter and simmer for another minute.
5. Add mussels
6. When mussels open, add tomatoes and green onion. Simmer for one minute.
7. Pour all contents into a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a breadstick, if desired.
Contact Maria Amodio at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.