Restaurant name: Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Owners: Alan Moore, Paul Moore and Robert Hicks
Head chef: Robert Hicks
Address: 800 Broadway St., Longboat Key
Date established: 1967
Hours: Open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Known for: Serving fresh seafood (especially stone crabs) in a kid-friendly environment
Moore’s Steamed Mussels
1 pound mussels
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
¾ cup whole cream
½ clove minced garlic
3 ounces sherry
½ stick butter
½ tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
1. Combine butter and flour to make base sauce, also known as the rue.
2. Add whole cream to rue and heat together in a large pan over medium/high heat.
3. Whisking constantly, add garlic and sherry to the pan. Simmer for one minute.
4. Add butter and simmer for another minute.
5. Add mussels
6. When mussels open, add tomatoes and green onion. Simmer for one minute.
7. Pour all contents into a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a breadstick, if desired.
Contact Maria Amodio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.