Restaurant name: Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant
Owners: Alan Moore, Paul Moore and Robert Hicks
Head chef: Robert Hicks
Address: 800 Broadway St., Longboat Key
Date established: 1967
Hours: Open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Known for: Serving fresh seafood (especially stone crabs) in a kid-friendly environment
Moore’s Steamed Mussels
1 pound mussels
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
¾ cup whole cream
½ clove minced garlic
3 ounces sherry
½ stick butter
½ tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
1. Combine butter and flour to make base sauce, also known as the rue.
2. Add whole cream to rue and heat together in a large pan over medium/high heat.
3. Whisking constantly, add garlic and sherry to the pan. Simmer for one minute.
4. Add butter and simmer for another minute.
5. Add mussels
6. When mussels open, add tomatoes and green onion. Simmer for one minute.
7. Pour all contents into a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a breadstick, if desired.
Contact Maria Amodio at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.