Jeff Mayers took on the position of Longboat Key Club & Resort general manager in November. Here are five facts he shared about himself in preparation for strolling the runway at the Longboat Key Garden Club’s “Taste of the Keys” event last week:
1. Where do you honeymoon when you live in Key West? For Mayers and his wife, Elizabeth, who lived in Key West when they married 19 years ago, the answer was Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Mayers is a Sigma Alpha Mu member who can recite the Greek alphabet.
3. His sports hero is Cal Ripkin Jr.
4. He says he can clean a house as well as, if not better than, a professional housekeeper and takes great pride in his domestic skills.
5. He used to sport an Afro.
Contact Robin Hartill at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.
Paint the town red and green
This year, we won’t just be on the lookout for the most festive holiday lights on the Key. We’ll be on the prowl for anything that embodies the happiness of the holidays with our new “Spirit of the Season” contest.