Jeff Mayers took on the position of Longboat Key Club & Resort general manager in November. Here are five facts he shared about himself in preparation for strolling the runway at the Longboat Key Garden Club’s “Taste of the Keys” event last week:
1. Where do you honeymoon when you live in Key West? For Mayers and his wife, Elizabeth, who lived in Key West when they married 19 years ago, the answer was Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Mayers is a Sigma Alpha Mu member who can recite the Greek alphabet.
3. His sports hero is Cal Ripkin Jr.
4. He says he can clean a house as well as, if not better than, a professional housekeeper and takes great pride in his domestic skills.
5. He used to sport an Afro.
Contact Robin Hartill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.