Jeff Mayers took on the position of Longboat Key Club & Resort general manager in November. Here are five facts he shared about himself in preparation for strolling the runway at the Longboat Key Garden Club’s “Taste of the Keys” event last week:
1. Where do you honeymoon when you live in Key West? For Mayers and his wife, Elizabeth, who lived in Key West when they married 19 years ago, the answer was Scottsdale, Ariz.
2. Mayers is a Sigma Alpha Mu member who can recite the Greek alphabet.
3. His sports hero is Cal Ripkin Jr.
4. He says he can clean a house as well as, if not better than, a professional housekeeper and takes great pride in his domestic skills.
5. He used to sport an Afro.
Contact Robin Hartill at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tiny trio tours safety facilities
Commissioner Lynn Larson’s three grandchildren, Zander, 9, Zora, 8, and Zoe Ramsey, 5, got a close-up look at what Longboat Key police and firefighters do to keep residents safe earlier this month, during a tour of the police and north fire stations.
Mar Vista dollars to benefit local teen
Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub’s walls and ceiling are covered with dollar bills, signed and decorated by patrons. Every few years the restaurant removes the bills for a good cause.
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.