1. Rothschild has 3 children and 8 grandchildren. “Sculpture gets put between Grandma time,” she says.
2. Rothschild likes making things: knitting, crocheting and sewing.
3. She enjoys playing a lot of tennis and working out.
4. Rothschild has owned on Longboat Key for 10 years, but divides her time between Minneapolis and here.
5. Rothschild’s first sculpture is of a travel companion, bird-watcher she traveld with in Africa. She fixated on his intensity and imagined a small bird on his head.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Marilyn Rothschild"
Currently 0 Responses
20 Santa Jaws at Mote Aquarium
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
Pete Cumming: Bell-ringer in chief
Longboat Key Police Chief Pete Cumming took on a shift that didn’t involve police work Tuesday, serving as Salvation Army bell-ringer at Longboat Key Publix.
Turtle T-shirts: Always in season
Need a gift for the turtle-lover in your life?
PHOTO GALLERY: Seaplace holiday party
Seaplace residents celebrated the holidays on Dec. 10.