1. Rothschild has 3 children and 8 grandchildren. “Sculpture gets put between Grandma time,” she says.
2. Rothschild likes making things: knitting, crocheting and sewing.
3. She enjoys playing a lot of tennis and working out.
4. Rothschild has owned on Longboat Key for 10 years, but divides her time between Minneapolis and here.
5. Rothschild’s first sculpture is of a travel companion, bird-watcher she traveld with in Africa. She fixated on his intensity and imagined a small bird on his head.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Marilyn Rothschild"
Currently 0 Responses
Commission savors the sunshine
The weather on Longboat Key was cloudy on the evening of Wednesday, Dec. 11, but the Longboat Key Town Commission stayed in the sunshine, as far as the Longboat Observer could tell.
Resident keeps eye on the pie
Inspired by her mother’s homemade banana cream pie, Bird Key resident Kim Manning had a sweet idea: key lime with a twist.
Show us your spirit this season
This week, our reporters will make our final decisions on our favorite displays of holiday cheer for our “Spirit of the Season” contest. This year’s competition isn’t limited to lights.