1. Rothschild has 3 children and 8 grandchildren. “Sculpture gets put between Grandma time,” she says.
2. Rothschild likes making things: knitting, crocheting and sewing.
3. She enjoys playing a lot of tennis and working out.
4. Rothschild has owned on Longboat Key for 10 years, but divides her time between Minneapolis and here.
5. Rothschild’s first sculpture is of a travel companion, bird-watcher she traveld with in Africa. She fixated on his intensity and imagined a small bird on his head.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Marilyn Rothschild"
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.