1. Rothschild has 3 children and 8 grandchildren. “Sculpture gets put between Grandma time,” she says.
2. Rothschild likes making things: knitting, crocheting and sewing.
3. She enjoys playing a lot of tennis and working out.
4. Rothschild has owned on Longboat Key for 10 years, but divides her time between Minneapolis and here.
5. Rothschild’s first sculpture is of a travel companion, bird-watcher she traveld with in Africa. She fixated on his intensity and imagined a small bird on his head.
Click here to read "Neighbors: Marilyn Rothschild"
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.