The Longboat Key Town Commission at 7 p.m., tonight, will consider a request by Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant owner Alan Mooreregular meeting tonight to approve a Comprehensive Plan amendment and a request to change the zoning of the restaurant from commercial to residential.
The majority of the town’s Planning and Zoning Board decided not to recommend Moore’s request in October, sending the request forward to the commission without a recommendation.
If Moore can’t get the Town Commission to approve his request, he says he won’t be able to renegotiate double-digit interest rate loans that are coming due on his business next month. Moore said he still plans to operate the restaurant as is, but needs the zoning changed to keep his business afloat.
The commission also will consider a revised ordinance that would allow commissioners to serve three consecutive two-year terms as well as any additional time served as a partial term limit for being appointed.
Also at its meeting tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
• Jan. 26 as the town’s preliminary election date (if required) and March 16 as the general municipal election date.
• A request by the Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Office to maintain Town Hall as a poling precinct for 2010.
Forwarding to its Monday, Jan. 4 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that reconciles discrepancies in the town’s water and wastewater charges.
• An ordinance that revises a category of the town’s business tax receipt program to reduce the cost paid by individuals renting their boat slips.
• An ordinance that makes minor modifications to the town’s telecommunications ordinance.
• By the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill and The Longboat Key Club and Resort’s Harbourside Tennis Gardens. The Dry Dock is requesting a site plan amendment for additional outdoor seating and The Tennis Gardens is asking for a site plan amendment to allow for outdoor dining at the facility’s snack bar/café during operating hours of the indoor dining facility.
• A resolution that would make the town an applicant in a submerged lands public easement that would allow The Longboat Key Moorings Marina to move forward with a small dredging project in the Bay Isles access channel.
• A resolution that will transfer $30,000 from the north end erosion control structure account to the North Shore Road sand fill project account. This resolution will allow the town to place 600 cubic yards of sand near the severely eroded North Shore Road public beach access point.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Longboat Key Fine Art Festival
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
19 Mote's Party on the Pass
22 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
23 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.
Pharmacy brings dose of medicine to Publix
The in-store pharmacy of Longboat Key Publix opened Monday, approximately 16 months after the completion of the new store at 525 Bay Isles Parkway, in the Shoppes of Bay Isles.
Golfer scores victory with less than a stroke
The Longboat Key Masters Golf Tournament, which took place March 28 through March 31, at the Resort at Longboat Key Club’s Islandside and Harbourside golf courses came down to less than one stroke’s difference between first-place winner Kevin Preston and second-place winner Michael Russell, of Longboat Key.