The Longboat Key Town Commission at 7 p.m., tonight, will consider a request by Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant owner Alan Mooreregular meeting tonight to approve a Comprehensive Plan amendment and a request to change the zoning of the restaurant from commercial to residential.
The majority of the town’s Planning and Zoning Board decided not to recommend Moore’s request in October, sending the request forward to the commission without a recommendation.
If Moore can’t get the Town Commission to approve his request, he says he won’t be able to renegotiate double-digit interest rate loans that are coming due on his business next month. Moore said he still plans to operate the restaurant as is, but needs the zoning changed to keep his business afloat.
The commission also will consider a revised ordinance that would allow commissioners to serve three consecutive two-year terms as well as any additional time served as a partial term limit for being appointed.
Also at its meeting tonight at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
• Jan. 26 as the town’s preliminary election date (if required) and March 16 as the general municipal election date.
• A request by the Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Office to maintain Town Hall as a poling precinct for 2010.
Forwarding to its Monday, Jan. 4 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that reconciles discrepancies in the town’s water and wastewater charges.
• An ordinance that revises a category of the town’s business tax receipt program to reduce the cost paid by individuals renting their boat slips.
• An ordinance that makes minor modifications to the town’s telecommunications ordinance.
• By the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill and The Longboat Key Club and Resort’s Harbourside Tennis Gardens. The Dry Dock is requesting a site plan amendment for additional outdoor seating and The Tennis Gardens is asking for a site plan amendment to allow for outdoor dining at the facility’s snack bar/café during operating hours of the indoor dining facility.
• A resolution that would make the town an applicant in a submerged lands public easement that would allow The Longboat Key Moorings Marina to move forward with a small dredging project in the Bay Isles access channel.
• A resolution that will transfer $30,000 from the north end erosion control structure account to the North Shore Road sand fill project account. This resolution will allow the town to place 600 cubic yards of sand near the severely eroded North Shore Road public beach access point.
Currently 0 Responses
18 LBK Chamber Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
20 National Drive Electric Week 2014 at Mote
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
25 Business After Hours Networking Event
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Aren't you barracuda?
Steven Herich, of Beach Fishing Adventures, recently caught a 30-pound, 52-inch barracuda.
Donation creates summer camp gift
A donation from St. Armands Key Lutheran Church’s senior ministry recently made it possible for 13 children to attend Dollar Dynasty’s educational summer camp.
Submit your weather photos!
If you capture a stunning sunset on your camera, submit it for our Weather Photo Contest.