At its regular workshop Thursday, Nov. 18, the Longboat Key Town Commission:
• An ordinance that makes minor revisions to the town’s sign code.
• An ordinance that updates the capital improvement element of the town’s Comprehensive Plan.
Forwarded to its Monday, Dec. 6 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• A resolution that allows Fire Rescue Chief Paul Dezzi to opt out of the Firefighters’ Retirement System, which reduces the town’s pension costs for the fire chief from 46% to 16% of salary.
Forwarded to its Monday, Dec. 6 regular meeting for formal action:
• A resolution that provides for necessary budget transfers for various general ledger line items, in order to be in compliance with the town’s charter.
• The town’s debt capacity and possibility of refunding town-issued general obligation bonds that were issued in 1999 to save $256,000 over the remaining nine years of the bonds.
• The role, importance and authority of the town’s Code Enforcement Board.
• Issues with animal control on Longboat Key.
• Proposed rate increases for wholesale water-and-wastewater rates being charged to the town by Manatee County.
• The town’s island-wide 2011-12 beach-renourishment program and projected project costs and options.
• An ordinance drafted by the town attorney that would place a charter referendum on the March 2011 general election ballot pertaining to the requirement for a preliminary election.
• An interlocal agreement crafted by town attorney David Persson that strengthens an agreement between Sarasota County and the town regarding the future passive park use of the Bayfront Park and former Albritton property.
• A request by Longboat Key Turtle Watch President Tim Thurman to amend the town code to prohibit temporary structures, beach equipment and beach furniture being left on the beach at night during turtle season.
• March 8 as the date for the town’s March general municipal election.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?