The Longboat Key Town Commission will review a revised hedge height ordinance on second reading Monday night that would require some waterfront properties on the Key to have their hedges no higher than six-feet tall.
The ordinance was brought forward after a dispute between Marina Bay and Harbour Court over a hedge that was more than 20-feet tall and blocked waterfront views for first floor Marina Bay unit owners.
Marina Bay and Harbour Court, though, have resolved the dispute, with the help of Town Manager Dave Bullock, and the hedge has been cut down to 12-feet tall.
If commissioners approve the ordinance tonight, at least 11 properties Key-wide would not be in compliance with the ordinance. The commission will likely debate whether the ordinance even needs to be changed now that the dispute has been resolved.
Also at its 7 p.m. meeting at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, the commission will consider:
Forwarding to its Monday, Dec. 3 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that changes parking hours in Longbeach Village on Broadway between Lois Avenue and Bayside Drive.
• An ordinance that approves a $40,000 budget transfer for renovations to the Linley Street boat ramps.
• A resolution that approves a 10-year potable water supply plan that must be updated every five years.
• A 2013 Town Commission meeting schedule.
• The town’s participation in the 2012 Longboat Key Gourmet Lawn Party.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
18 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
'We Are The Marines'
That is how Maj. Brian Dix introduced “The Commandant’s Own” U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps July 4, at Avery Fisher Hall.
Tim Howard has Key roots
Residents of Fairway Bay knew about Tim Howard long before he became a household name: His grandparents, the late Paul and Eva Fekete, frequently bragged about their star soccer player grandson.
Mote-tagged shark swims toward Sarasota
A 14-foot, 2,300-pound great white shark is currently heading eastbound toward Sarasota.