At its Monday, Nov. 2, regular meeting, The Longboat Key Town Commission:
• The mayor to sign a new 30-year wholesale wastewater agreement between the town and Manatee County, which also includes a 10-year renewal option.
• A proposed 2010 Town Commission meeting calendar.
• An ordinance that provides for a $450,000 budget transfer in the fiscal year 2008-09 budget from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for transportation expenditures that includes the payroll of the town’s street employees and recent road resurfacing projects.
• A resolution that reallocates $425,000 of surplus Sarasota County Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the public safety category so the town can utilize the funds to purchase a fire truck pumper for the fire department. The money is being transferred now so the town can take advantage of $14,400 in savings available by prepaying for the pumper now.
Forwarded to the Monday, Dec. 7 regular meeting:
• A change to the town’s business tax receipt program, which will change the tax assessed annually to boat slip owners who rent their boat slips from $103.95 per year to $33.60 per year.
• An amended telecommunication ordinance that prohibits uncamouflaged cell phone towers and specifically does not allow unipole towers.
Forwarded to the Thursday, Nov. 19 regular meeting for a second reading and public hearing:
• An annual update to the capital improvements element of the
town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• An ordinance that provides a required update to the town’s 10-year water supply plan documenting the town’s ability to meet existing and future development needs.
• A site plan amendment for The Longboat Key Moorings Marina, 2800 Harbourside Drive, to allow for the addition of 13 parking spaces.
• To discuss a Longboat Key Moorings Marina dredging project at its Thursday, Nov. 17 regular workshop.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
26 St. Armands Fine Art Festival
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
29 Nia with Gail on Anna Maria Island
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
30 Nia with Gail on Longboat Key
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
3 Food and Wine on Pine
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Capt. Benjamin Grodi honored with military medal
U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Benjamin Grodi, son-in-law of Longboat Key residents Nelson and Laurin Goldner, was recently honored with the Meritorious Service Medal.
Campaign Against Summer Hunger
Here are the week’s donation totals for All Faiths Food Bank’s Campaign Against Summer Hunger.
A Cinderella story
A 10-week-old miniature pinscher puppy found a “happily ever after ending” at the Celebration of Pets April 12, at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds.