At its Monday, Nov. 2, regular meeting, The Longboat Key Town Commission:
• The mayor to sign a new 30-year wholesale wastewater agreement between the town and Manatee County, which also includes a 10-year renewal option.
• A proposed 2010 Town Commission meeting calendar.
• An ordinance that provides for a $450,000 budget transfer in the fiscal year 2008-09 budget from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for transportation expenditures that includes the payroll of the town’s street employees and recent road resurfacing projects.
• A resolution that reallocates $425,000 of surplus Sarasota County Phase II infrastructure surtax funds to the public safety category so the town can utilize the funds to purchase a fire truck pumper for the fire department. The money is being transferred now so the town can take advantage of $14,400 in savings available by prepaying for the pumper now.
Forwarded to the Monday, Dec. 7 regular meeting:
• A change to the town’s business tax receipt program, which will change the tax assessed annually to boat slip owners who rent their boat slips from $103.95 per year to $33.60 per year.
• An amended telecommunication ordinance that prohibits uncamouflaged cell phone towers and specifically does not allow unipole towers.
Forwarded to the Thursday, Nov. 19 regular meeting for a second reading and public hearing:
• An annual update to the capital improvements element of the
town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• An ordinance that provides a required update to the town’s 10-year water supply plan documenting the town’s ability to meet existing and future development needs.
• A site plan amendment for The Longboat Key Moorings Marina, 2800 Harbourside Drive, to allow for the addition of 13 parking spaces.
• To discuss a Longboat Key Moorings Marina dredging project at its Thursday, Nov. 17 regular workshop.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com.
Currently 0 Responses
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
12 Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
14 New Exhibit "Oh Baby" Life Cycles of the Seas
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
17 Hospitabull Evening 'A Taste of Israel'
Gauls celebrate sweet 60
On Jan. 29, Jack and Joan Gaul will celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Dora Walters goes by the book for readers
You saw her byline countless times during her 26 years at the Longboat Observer, but now, retired Senior Editor Dora Walters’ byline appears on her new book, “Rewind…Playback: A Collection of Life’s ‘Little’ Memories.”
Encore opening celebration
Members of the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce gathered for a ribbon-cutting event Jan. 20, at Amore by Andrea.