Longboat Key firefighter/paramedics entered Harry’s Continental Kitchens yesterday carrying hoses and wearing firefighting gear. At least two ambulances were on the scene, along with Longboat Key Police, who directed traffic from St. Judes Drive through the parking lot of The Longboat Observer and the Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce.
But the passersby who stopped to watch the situation unfold can breath a sigh of (disaster) relief:
A gas line broke, creating smoke, a hissing sound and a smell. Owner Harry Christensen called 911 and evacuated the four people inside as a precaution.
“Nobody got hurt,” Christensen said. “Everybody got out okay.”
Christensen said that employees were able to re-enter the building after approximately one hour.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
11 Longboat Key Veterans Day Parade
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Only 9 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.