Longboat Key firefighter/paramedics entered Harry’s Continental Kitchens yesterday carrying hoses and wearing firefighting gear. At least two ambulances were on the scene, along with Longboat Key Police, who directed traffic from St. Judes Drive through the parking lot of The Longboat Observer and the Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce.
But the passersby who stopped to watch the situation unfold can breath a sigh of (disaster) relief:
A gas line broke, creating smoke, a hissing sound and a smell. Owner Harry Christensen called 911 and evacuated the four people inside as a precaution.
“Nobody got hurt,” Christensen said. “Everybody got out okay.”
Christensen said that employees were able to re-enter the building after approximately one hour.
Currently 0 Responses
3 Manatee Audubon -- OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
19 Jewels on the Bay Showhouse
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
21 Taste of the Keys & Fashion Show
8 Sarasota Music Half Marathon
7:00 am - 6:00 am
Program to honor Sally Shapiro
Longboat Key resident Sally Shapiro loved music, and a special musical program her husband, Sam, organized will honor her memory.
Key of Sea seeks new voices
Key of Sea Chorus, which sings at assisted-living and retirement homes in the Sarasota area, is inviting new members to join.
Learn more about LBK Foundation
Want to know more about the Longboat Key Foundation, which is embarking on a $1 million fundraising drive, as reported in the Dec. 18 issue of the Longboat Observer?