At the Longboat Key Town Commission’s Monday, Oct. 5 regular meeting, the commission:
• A 2009-10 holiday schedule for town employees that includes 10 holidays, a half-day for Good Friday and a birthday holiday.
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for second reading and approval:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer of $450,000 from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for wages and other expenses for transportation expenditures in fiscal year 2009-10.
• A resolution that allows the mayor to execute all future amendments to the Florida Department of Transpiration agreements related to the Gulf of Mexico Drive landscape project.
• An amended resolution that complies with the Department of Environmental Protection requirements regarding revenues pledged to repay the debt involved with a state revolving fund loan for water-and-wastewater, capital-improvement projects.
• A resolution that opposes oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico off the west coast of Florida.
Directed the town manager:
• To partner with Sarasota Bay Watch, a non-profit corporation, in its support of the organization’s efforts to acquire a grant for environmental restoration in the vicinity of Sister Keys.
• Longboat Key resident Ronald Vale to Seat 2 of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Currently 0 Responses
1 Floridafitfest and 5K Treasure Run
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
8 World Oceans Day Family Festival
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Miller shares Longboat lore
David Miller gave the Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key a history lesson Thursday, May 16, when he shared his memories of early island life.
Kiwanians get club recognition
The Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key recently received "Distinguished Club" status from Kiwanis International for its efforts during the 2011-12 year.
Hat's off to Dee Pelton, volunteers
Dee Pelton held a luncheon that will be tough to top.