At the Longboat Key Town Commission’s Monday, Oct. 5 regular meeting, the commission:
• A 2009-10 holiday schedule for town employees that includes 10 holidays, a half-day for Good Friday and a birthday holiday.
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 2 regular meeting for second reading and approval:
• An ordinance that provides for a budget transfer of $450,000 from the road and bridge fund to the general fund for wages and other expenses for transportation expenditures in fiscal year 2009-10.
• A resolution that allows the mayor to execute all future amendments to the Florida Department of Transpiration agreements related to the Gulf of Mexico Drive landscape project.
• An amended resolution that complies with the Department of Environmental Protection requirements regarding revenues pledged to repay the debt involved with a state revolving fund loan for water-and-wastewater, capital-improvement projects.
• A resolution that opposes oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico off the west coast of Florida.
Directed the town manager:
• To partner with Sarasota Bay Watch, a non-profit corporation, in its support of the organization’s efforts to acquire a grant for environmental restoration in the vicinity of Sister Keys.
• Longboat Key resident Ronald Vale to Seat 2 of the Firefighters’ Retirement System Board of Trustees.
Currently 0 Responses
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
16 Pillar of Hope Open House
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
17 Taste of St. Armands
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
17 Night of Fish, Fun & Fright
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Goliath grouper lives up to name
Talk about a real big fish.
Mazel tov to Klauber and Mancini
The West Coast Florida Region of AJC (American Jewish Committee) will honor Michael Klauber and Phil Mancini, of Michael’s On East, with its Civic Achievement Award in November.
Bob Havel celebrates 90 years with family members
Bob Havel recently celebrated his 90th birthday on Longboat Key with 24 members of his family.