The Longboat Key Town Commission ratified a three-year contract with its police department at its regular meeting tonight at Town Hall.
Also at its meeting, the commission:
Forwarded to its Monday, Nov. 1 regular meeting for second reading and public hearing:
• An ordinance that transfers $208,815.49 to the beach capital projects fund, which will close a special revenue account that’s no longer needed.
• An ordinance that provides consistency for public hearings notices and advertisements that deal with land use matters.
• An ordinance that ensures the town’s elections schedule complies with new Legislature requirements.
• A resolution that allows the town to pay $46,725 in unanticipated Islandside public hearing expenses by using commission contingency funds.
• A resolution that adopts the current version of the Sarasota County Local Mitigation Strategy, which enables the town to be eligible for post disaster mitigation grant funds.
• A 2010-11 holiday schedule for town employees.
• Gerald Feder to its Firefighter Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Steve Schield to its General Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Franklin Cona to its Police Officer Retirement System Board of Trustees
• Joe Moccia to the Sarasota County Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently 0 Responses
23 LBK Chamber of Commerce Networking Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
25 Manatee Audubon -- Bird walk at Leffis Key
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
15 Arias In Flght
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
15 Being your best self
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Happy birthday, Edith!
On Monday, long-time Sarasota resident Edith Barr Dunn blew out the candles for her 94th birthday.
Donte's Den names top dog
We’re sure the Walters family of Longboat Key thinks of its dog, Buck, as quite the golden boy.
Only 16 days left to vote for your favorite 'It's Read Everywhere' photo!
Voting is now live for the Observer's 'It’s Read Everywhere' photo contest.